flight times changing??

S

s

I just wanted to know if this is normal as I have never been in situation before. I have booked flights to the states for next May. Shannon to Boston, Boston to LA. The flight times have changed twice already. Is this normal or am I just being paranoid??

txs

Minor schedule changes aren't that odd .. provided the airline informs you (which they should do directly or via your Travel Agent if you booked through an agency).. I don't know when you originally booked the flight .. but booking a long time in advance means airlines haven't necessarily fixed their times 100%. Airlines will generally accept bookings almost one year in advance (330 days I think) but their schedules will not be set in stone that far out.

If they make major changes so as to inconvenience you I'm not sure what your entitlements are in this situation - I presume you would be entitled to a refund but whether you're entitled to be rebooked on another airline with times closer to original booking I've no idea

Yeah this can happen. When the airline took your booking, it as the doctor said, they probably didnt know 100% what their schedules were going to be at the time, I think there is a difference as well due to summertime and wintertime. If they change it by more (and I am open to correction on this for the time span) than 8 hours I think you are entitled to a refund.

Back