Fixture or not?

Brandy

Hi

We’ve gone sale agreed on our house.

I’m just enquiring as to how to phrase to the new purchaser about what fittings we are bringing with us.

We recently got new ovens and would like to keep them.

Can I keep them? They are inserted into the units. And if so, how would I word this in a letter to my estate agent.

Many thanks
Brandy

Usually the wording is that integrated appliances are included. Just say what you want to the estate agent - they'll know how to word it.
To be honest, it's a bit late to be dealing with this now. Your agent should have asked up front what was / wasn't included.

I’d like to clarify what is and isn’t as my washing machine is free standing and I just need to clarify if that is considered too.

I’ll send an email to him. I just don’t know if it’s cheeky to want to keep them.

Personally i would leave them go it would look a bit stingy to take them out in my opinion, good luck with the move it can be a stressful time.

I know it sounds stingy, that’s what I’m afraid of but they cost €2500.

Just sending email to estate agent and he can let me know. If we have to leave them they shall get plenty of good service from them at least.

I think your late now new owners won't like it and I wouldn't blame them

I agree. Trying to take goods after sale agreed could cause problems with the sale.

By doing this you'll end up aggravating the buyers.

You could tell the buyers what you intend doing and if their reaction isn't great I think you should accept the loss of them.

They are inserted into the units.

Are they inserted or are they fixed? If they're fixed, they're fixtures.

It's irrelevant what your estate agent says. Unless your buyers were made aware of it before agreeing sale, which they clearly weren't, they should be included imo.

I believe washing machines are not included. In my experience (three times) they were always removed. In fact in one case the buyers insisted we take the washing machine as they had their own. Cookers I would think are fixtures and should remain however.

Washing machines and other white goods, unless integrated are not included unless specifically called out in the contracts.

I think it’ll be staying.

Was getting pressure from my other half to enquire but I think as the estate agent said “ it contributed to the whole feel and look of the package”.

I’ll just have to get a new one wherever we end up.

I think it’ll be staying.

Was getting pressure from my other half to enquire but I think as the estate agent said “ it contributed to the whole feel and look of the package”.

I’ll just have to get a new one wherever we end up.

Good move.

It seems difficult to find a list of what is “standard”.

What about CCTV?

Tado smart heating system? (Digital internet connected Thermostat controls on each radiator) which pop off easily.

Just be specific before sale about what Is going and what is included - oil fired central heating throughout (digital controls not included) or mature garden (plants in pots not included) or fully fitted kitchen (free standing fridge freezer not included) or all carpets and curtains included.

It seems difficult to find a list of what is “standard”.

What about CCTV?

Tado smart heating system? (Digital internet connected Thermostat controls on each radiator) which pop off easily.
It'd be hard to argue that a CCTV camera that is screwed to the wall isn't a fixture, but the DVR or NVR is an appliance, so not a fixture.

For smart controls, the main unit of these is usually wired in to the boiler, and so would be a fixture. If you don't want to include it in the sale, remove it all prior to viewings. If selling, provide the agent with a list in writing of what is and is not included so there can be no doubt. If buying, ask the agent to confirm.

Back