Fis and making maintenance payments

maz69

hi,

we qualify for FIS but I am unsure from FIS leaflet how it is worked out.

My circumstances are that my hubby is the main earner and provides for me and our 4 children.

He also pays mainteance for his two children from a previous marriage in the UK.

we have evidence of this etc and FIS have accepted the details and taken his maintenance payments into accoun t.

I am of the understanding, but I maybe
'mis'understanding that from 2009 the rules have been changed slightly.

Does anyone know if when we are assessed we will be assessed on a family of 6 dependents or 4 dependents (as stated we have 4 living with us and 2 live in the UK with their mum)

he earns e800 per month which is bang on the threshold for 4 children and pays maintenance of e122 per month.........I was under the impression in the past (but may be wrong) that fis worked on a family of 4 but minused the mainteance paid from hubbys income of e800 thus we qualified for a payment.

I was wondering if as from 2009 they take the threshold for 6 children E1030 per month and then take into account hubbys wage of E800 per month...............and if they do this do they then minus the maintenance paid off the e800, or what???????????

very difficult to work out from the leaflet, and trying to get through to talk to someone is an absolute nightmare!

any info would be really appreciated

marie

There are 2 elements to your question: the threshold number of children adn the way the income is calculated. My reading of your situation is that the FIS claim would be based on the threshold limits for 4 children, which is €800. There doesn't seem to be any disregard of maintenance paid (it's not included in their list fo 'disregards') so that will probably be included in calculating income.

Back