First Time Investor

WGT

Hi,
I see places like Krakow in Poland and Berlin being heavily touted as places to purchase investment property. Does this suggest that purchasing and investment property in Ireland is to avoided? I guess the property prices is eventually only going to go one way in Ireland.
Say if i purchased a property for rent in Berlin, what would happen if the tenant needed work done, is there an agency that would look after this for me?

WGT, any place can make you money if you know the land and have good luck. When I first came to where I did in Croatia everybody (esp. locals) thought I was mad. I was fortunate that I had work lined up and when the contract ended had already picked up new projects. All the while the house I bought for a song more than doubled in price, but it could also have gone down. Anywhere is good so long as it has something for it, and ultimately, trust your own instinct when you're there (oh, and stick to 20% under your budget).

people are flocking to exotic and non exotic foreign shores following the herd and simply buying because others are buying or because they are told that the only way is up.

however, there is a huge difference between areas in cities and countries. Even in ireland, there is a huge difference in property prices in Shrewsbury or Ailesbury road in Dublin and Kimmage or Crumlin also in Dublin (at least according to my monopoly board)

it is vital that you do your own research and that you do not simply follow the herd.

Back