Health Insurance First Time Health Insurance - ESB MPF

westelec

Hi,
I'm male and rapidly approaching my 35th birthday and I'm looking to take out my first health Insurance Policy, I have access to the ESB MPF policies and I'm wondering how do they compare to the other providers fro example Laya Control 600 Connect?
I'm based in the west of the country

A description of the ESB policies is available on the ESB MPF page, apologies I was unable to attach a link to the post.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

I amn't familiar with those plans as they appear to be a private scheme limited to staff members?

My main concern would be if signing up to such a plan means you would avoid community rating age loading should you switch to e.g. LAYA in future?

I found this information online which suggests there are different plan levels but did not directly answer my question on community rating.

They are considered as restricted membership schemes by the HIA

VHI first care extea 500 day to day looks like better policy than Laya 600 connect.

To followup on my earlier comment, I assume if you sign up for a restricted membership insurer, you should be ok to avoid future community rating loadings.

From the HIA website:
If you are switching from an RMI, the time spent with your current insurer will be taken into consideration when switching to an Open Membership Insurer. Upgrade waiting periods will apply to any higher benefit on the new plan.

Back