First Time Buyer-buying process

Samson26

Hi Sorry to be a pain, I have read through several threads on contracts/snagging but I was wondering if you could help me.

We have paid our initial holding fee and are going into the solicitor to pay the remainder of the deposit this week and to sign house forms - are these the contract as we still have not snagged and have been told we can do this after we pay the money.

Is this the right order of things? How soon after we sign is normal to move into house? Thanks for any help given as I am very confused

Re: First Time Buyer

I take it it's a new house? Yes that is the normal order of things if so. Booking deposit, then remainder of contract deposit, do your snagging when property is complete and balance of funds on closing date.

lmd said:
I take it it's a new house? Yes that is the normal order of things if so. Booking deposit, then remainder of contract deposit, do your snagging when property is complete and balance of funds on closing date.

Thanks IMD was just a bit concerned about handing the money over before the snag is done

Well you won't be handing over the remainder of the funds until you've done your snagging, so that is the main thing!

Back