Fire evacuation plan and OMC

fonduster

Hey Guys,

I recently received some inspections in my properties where i do not have a fire evacuation plan on the rear of the front door. For one apartment, the OMC supplied the plan and for another the OMC said they have no documentation for this and i have to do my own work and money in providing this. I queried four other OMC's im part of where they are in a similar situation where the building is older and they dont have the evacuation plan but the OMC is in the process of getting quotes on behalf of the property owners where it will be paid as part of the OMC management fees.

Given the evacuation plan is primarily guiding people into the common areas and out of the entire apartment block would this not fall under the OMC responsibility compared to my own to provide this.

I find it odd that all the other OMC's im part of either have it or are in the process of getting one while one OMC is saying i need to pay for it privately. Just looking for your thoughts on this and if any of you have info around who is required to do this.

Back