Finished BTEA in May. On JA now . Qualify for BTWEA ?

senni

Hi,

I went back to college to do a level 8 degree , I completed this degree in May. I claimed for my husband and three children during this time on BTEA ,as he was unemployed too. I was changed from BTEA to JA in June 2016. I am currently looking for work and sending out my CVs.

My husband has been offered a self employed job , reading ESB meters. It is totally self employed and we will do a tax return at the end of the financial year.

If he takes up this offer , my husbands part of our JA , which is roughly € 124 a week, will be cut ,we just cannot afford this as we are unsure if this new self employment will be financially worth it.

Having looked at the BTWEA it seems we need to be on JA for the last 12 months but we were on BTEA . I would like him to start working as we both need to get back on the employment ladder.

Is there any scheme out there that enables him to hold onto the €124 until he gets up and running as a self employed esb reader ? Otherwise it seems madness that he needs to turn down this offer because we , a family of 5 ,just cannot live on €277 a week. Im really stressed over it all. Please remember , we want to work, we really do.

Thanking you in advance .

Last edited:
Back