Finding a good calculator

dv8

hi guys,

Has anyone come across an online calculator whereby you can insert whatever rate you want and it tells you your interest only monthly repayments if you choose an interest only loan as well as capital and interest monthly repayments if you choose an annuity mortgage?

Do any of these calculators give you even an estimate of the projected capital outstanding in 5/4/3 years time if you, say for example, choose a 5 year fixed with an APR of 5.1% on a 250k loan or any other loan for that matter?

I've yet to see calculator with these later capabilities which I think are very useful if you're buying with a view to maybe selling down the line.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance

hi guys,

Has anyone come across an online calculator whereby you can insert whatever rate you want and it tells you your interest only monthly repayments if you choose an interest only loan as well as capital and interest monthly repayments if you choose an annuity mortgage?

Do any of these calculators give you even an estimate of the projected capital outstanding in 5/4/3 years time if you, say for example, choose a 5 year fixed with an APR of 5.1% on a 250k loan or any other loan for that matter?

I've yet to see calculator with these later capabilities which I think are very useful if you're buying with a view to maybe selling down the line.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance

http://www.moneydoctor.ie/calculators/mortgagecalculator.htm

Breaks down each monthly figure into Interest and Principal amounts. And also gives you the Balance outstanding as you go along.
In your example after 5yrs, balance o/s would be 209k.
There's a newer version of this available as well - do a search for Mortgage calculators......

Back