Financial mess and I need some advice/help.

Re: Financial mess help

You all have given me a lift with your comments and I have done most of the things you have suggested. Getting a job is the start of the solution to my problem and I can only hope and pray that it will happen sooner rather than later.

Re: Financial mess help

Hi Liam,

Sorry to hear of your troubles and how you are feeling down at the moment. I always feel a positive frame of mind goes a long way so try to keep your heart up. Your health is the most important thing to look after and hopefully everything else will sort itself out in time.

These are some useful websites for jobs that have been recommended on AAM in the past:

www.dole.ie
www.gumtree.ie
www.nixers.com
www.fas.ie
www.monster.ie
www.irishjobs.ie

You might have a read of www.citizensinformation.ie for entitlements.

Best of luck and hope things work out for you.

OK things sound bad right now but you have to get out there again. Make a network of people again . There are loads of people looking for electrical nixers so get asking. Almost every house in Ireland has little things to be fixed. If you get moving you will have less time to think about the problems and slowly you will get on top of them. Volunteer , look up old friends and family talk to neighbours anything to get started. This time of year can be miserable but you have good qualifications and seem bright best of luck.

Hi,
You've been through a lot in the last while. The following is a link to a very good service that may help you cope when you have to go through these tough times and help you gain a better perspective.

Hope things will turn a corner for you soon. Best of luck and take care of yourself

Thanks Bobbi,
I have been through a another sleepless weekend and it doest seem to get any better. Trying everything to get a job but not a lot on offer in the present situation

If anyone is aware of any jobs on offer in the Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip area or in an area that is served by public transport. I have to give my car back to GE Money as I can no longer make repayments so this maes my work options even less. Any type of work considered just to get me of the ground and try to climb out of this mess I am in.

Liam,

How about setting up as a window cleaner. Low set-up cost & flexible enough to allow you do interviews for a more suitable job. The going rate is about €20 for a typical semi. Guy doing mine at the moment & has done 4 more on the road by just calling in to the houses....reckon he'll probably get another 4 easily !

If anyone is aware of any jobs on offer in the Celbridge, Maynooth, Leixlip area or in an area that is served by public transport. I have to give my car back to GE Money as I can no longer make repayments so this maes my work options even less. Any type of work considered just to get me of the ground and try to climb out of this mess I am in.

Liamb

I have been unemployed for nearly 15 months. To combat this feeling of isolation and uselessness, I applied to do voluntary work six months ago,and since then I have never looked back. I have met some wonderful people from all walks of life including links to people with power and influence, my self esteem went up, I got an opportunity to use learned skills and I was also empowered to use those skills. As a direct result of getting involved in this work I recently landed myself a full time job.

Different things work for different people, you just have to remain positive and be proactive in your approach. I have no doubt your skills would be much appreciated and it would look great on your CV. Many of the voluntary agencies pay travelling expenses. Bear in mind, you have to inform Social Welfare if you do take on some voluntary work. Here are some links for the Dublin area:

http://www.volunteeringireland.com/

Good Luck and please take care of yourself over the next few days. Our thoughts are with you. Next year will be much brighter time for you.

Looks like that I am getting closer to being homeless as my CWO said I will only receive only €460 rent allowance and you can not get anything around Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip area for that. I would like to stay in an area where you have good public transport as I no longer have my car as it has been taken back by the finance company. I reckon I could afford to pay €150 per month out of my SW payment with the rent allowance.

Is house sharing an option? There are 86 rooms sharing available on Daft.ie in Celbridge, Leixlip and Maynooth under €450 so there might be some options there hopefully.

Would you consider installing flat screen TVs etc.? I think there's a big demand for getting these wall mounted with the necessary wiring etc., especially after the recent sales. It could be worth asking in TV shops if they'd be willing to pass on your card to enquiries.

Best of luck

You could try sharing a house until you get back on your feet. Aim to do it for six months and then you'll have time to search for a place of your own. Prices for rent are dropping so make sure you search daft etc.
You're still relatively young and how fantastic you have a trade. People would not have been looking for electricians over the xmas period but things should pick up now. Try putting a card in your local supermarket/shop or a small ad in the local paper might get you some small jobs to help you get started. Don't worry about the debts, make a small token payment to them, even if they bring you to court, if you are making some effort the judge will take account of that. In your circumstances he would probably say you have to pay the debt back at the rate of 5 euro a week. If you want to know what goes on in court try going to the courthouse to see and you'll quickly realise you are not as badly off as you think. Going on a FAS course is an excellent idea, helps to get you up and about and meeting people. Best of luck.

Hi Bronte,
Thanks for your comments. I have looked at number of house shares but when they hear you are on rent allowance and unemployed they do not want to know. It is also mostly yonger people in house shares and I would not feel great in such a situation. With my current situation it would not be fair on other occupants because I am expecting to called to on a regular basic by debt collectors etc.
I droped leaflets around some estates a few months ago looking for work and I did not get one response
To get involve in electrical work I would need to have insurance and be registered with a regulatory body which cost more than I can afford. I would also have to have transport. I would love to be in a position to start up as a self employed electrican at some stage but as they say " you need money to make money".

Back