Film4

Yes its permanent-check their website for details of why etc.-they used to open it up the odd weekend for free-i suppose to get potential subscribers-guess they didnt get enough-so they are going the ad route-
They also list upcoming movies for the month-Aug not up yet

No-that should work-try it again or failing that ring NTL-if u have an hour or so to spare:)

Try this for NTL digital - press the help button on your remote control. Then select the "reset" option. After a minute or so you should have Film4.

I have the basic analogue NTL package - no frills. I have no dish or decoder or any such technology. They have wires coming into my house.

I presume that I cannot get Film4 for free?

In general there is enough tv available for me on these stations. Is it worth paying €10 a month for the basic digital package? What else does it do for me? I don't really want to express my opinion on the Sky News polls. I can do that in the Letting Off Steam forum.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
THe basic NTL digital package offers lots of channels, some rubbish, a few worth the extra.

I find BBC4 and More4 worth the extra and now Film4 is even better.
A lot of the rest of the channels are hour upon hour of repeats.

The reception is usually better, also.

Eanair said:
Is it available on the basic NTL digital package? I tried last night but got the 'You have not subscribed to this channel' message. Should I try restarting the box or is it only on the higher packages?

Hi Eanair, I presume you're on the €5 per month "Go Digital" package as opposed to the €10 per month Basic Digital Package. I'm also on the 5 per month package and have heard from ntl that they're not going to be carrying it even though it's a FTA channel.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51816292#post51816292

As I understand it you should also be able to get it on one of the relatively cheap Sat systems occasionally sold by Aldi/Lidl if u didnt want to go the NTL digital route-after initial outlay its free along with other FTA channels

This is the answer I received from NTL about Free view Film Four

I can advise that the Film Four is available on the Digital Max Package which is €10.00 per month, so you need to be subscribed to this package to receive Film Four Free.
The response is what we received from the Marketing Department regarding the Film Four Offer.
We understand that viewers may be confused by Channel Four's advertising which is produced for a UK audience and refers to the UK only. Channel Four's "Free" announcement relates to the UK only and is based on the commercial arrangements between Channel Four and the various UK-based TV Operators. Also, please bear in mind that any reference to "NTL" refers to NTL UK and since May of last year NTL Ireland is no longer part of the NTL group and therefore any information relating to NTL UK in terms of channels etc does not apply to the NTL Ireland service.
It does not necessarily follow that just because a channel is available in the UK that the channel is automatically available in Ireland - a good example is the fact that Channel Four is not available on Sky Digital in Ireland.
The commercial and copyright arrangements between Channel Four and Cable Operators in Ireland differ from the UK so it does not necessarily follow automatically that the channel is available on the same basis in Ireland. NTL Ireland has decided to make FilmFour available at no extra charge to digital subscribers of our Digital Max pack, which is the pack enjoyed by the vast majority of our digital customers. We will continue to review our packaging and pricing in the light of ongoing commercial negotiations with our Channel providers.

Back