"File contains Trojan-downloader win32 Diehard and cannot be disinfected"

levelpar

Hi
Got the following message "File contains Trojan-downloader win32 Diehard and cannot be disinfected"

Is this anything to worry about?

Re: Virus ?

Yes, very much... it will use your pc to send loads of spam emails.....

Have you looked at the sticky above ^^^^^ on "helpful links for a a clean PC". Anti-virus software such as an up to date AVG, spyware software such as spybot and adaware should detect such problems.

Hi Thanks for reply. I had kaspersky anti-virus 6.00 installed in July 07 for which I paid 40 euro. I noticed the programme has a box ticked that says "Delete if kisinfection fails" I also see that under the PROTECTION box ,loads of similiar Trojan have been deleted.

Any further advice?

Sorry - this one goes beyond my capabilities! Have a search around here on virus removal. I am sure that Clubman has already pointed somebody, with a similar problem, to a solution

PS I would still run an up to date version of adaware 2007 and spybot which you can get on download.com. They are both free and work at removing stuff like this!

Hi
Try this website, which helped me to remove a very entrenched trojan zlob spyware infection (have to say though, took some days to get the problem sorted out, so a bit of patience required..): if you follow these instructions, can help to remove quite a lot of unwanted stuff from computer, and you get instructions as to what to do step by step. Also extensive list of freeware.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html (for malware removal guide: if it doesn't work, you can get further help on that site)

Nicola

Back