Fiat Brovo/Brava - Any comments

jenolan

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying one of these but am getting mixed reports. Seem to have a bad reputation but then anyone I know who has one seems to have no complaints. Anyone have anything to comment?

Cheers

Seriously they can't be that mad are they? I'm looking for a small car (not really small) in the €3,000 price range and these are the best looking ones. I know typical woman thing to say but looks are important!!

Got for it... your mechanic will love you even more...
Note: setup up DD to his account, it will be easier rather than writting cheques every week.

Here's an old one. What does FIAT stand for.

Fix it again Tony

Here is a link to the honest John website in the UK. 40 foot barge poles spring to mind. Also don't forget that you will have to dispose of it at some stage in the future. Even if you get a good one, because of their bad reputation you will have to give it away or else you will have to stay with Fiats because no other garage will take it as a trade in.

A friend of mine had to get rid of a Rover recently. She, like you bought it because it looked nice, it ended up nearly bankrupting her.

Go Japanese

[broken link removed]

Murt

Go for it and ignore all the bad press FIAT has.I bought a bravo in 2000 (2 years old at the time)Perfect condition, never had a days trouble with it yet, still going strong.

SPUDZ said:
Go for it and ignore all the bad press FIAT has.I bought a bravo in 2000 (2 years old at the time)Perfect condition, never had a days trouble with it yet, still going strong.

I presume you will hang on to this car for the rest or your life?

Take my advice when it comes to the Fiat bravo/brava go on holiday.

PS from someone who knows!!!!!

Know a few people who had these and the general concensus is STAY WELL CLEAR!!! However if you are looking to buy a cheap little car.....(from buy and sell)

Hyundai Atos 1.0L 00,LeinsterCo. Dublin€2750.0075k, 5 dr, h/b, manual, NCT 02/2006, red, a/b, c/l, e/w, f/s, petrol, good cond, very reliable car. 087-6343405

my record for counting broken down fiat's on the side of the road has been 3, between the m50 and naas.

My friend has a fiat punto 01, and she constantly had trouble with the cd player that comes with them, if she took it out while getting out of the car it would not work when she tryed it when getting back into her car. she ended taking out it and getting a brand new cd player fitted, her patience was running out with it.

I have a fiat bravo 97. its a good car. I've had it now since oct 02 and had only one minor problem with it, once you service it regularly, it will be fine. Problem i had was electrical.

Mr.Wonder said:
Hyundai Atos 1.0L 00,LeinsterCo. Dublin€2750.0075k, 5 dr, h/b, manual, NCT 02/2006, red, a/b, c/l, e/w, f/s, petrol, good cond, very reliable car. 087-6343405

That's your phone number presumably :D

The problem is inconsistency. You could be lucky and have a Fiat where everything works perfectly like Dieter1. However it is more likely that you will not (as any of the breakdon surveys show).

apart from head gasket problems the 1.2 litre version is probably the best of the bunch.

I have a 2000 Fiat Bravo - never had anything wrong with it. Annual service never found any problems either and great fun to drive. But that is only my experience.....

I have an 01 punto - still going strong - never any trouble. Well worth the money.....

Back