Fees for inspection of property and preparartion of Valuation Report.

Northerngirl

About 3 months ago I went through a Mortgage Brokers who secured me approval for a property. I paid the deposit on the property, but then withdrew my offer after 2 weeks deciding it was not suitable, and deposit was returned. I informed my Mortgage Broker of my withdrawal by telephone, and requested my financial documents be returned.After several phonecalls to the brokers, they finally sent me them today, with a bill for 127euro for Inspection of the property and preparartion of Building Society Valuation Report. I dont believe they carried out the inspection as I promptly informed them of my decision, and I was told the service was free. Do I have to pay this bill?

If the valuation was carried out (which it should have been within the two weeks between paying the deposit and backing out) then yes, you should pay for it. Once you do you should be entitled to recieve the original report which you might be able to sell to the vendor (possibly).

Sarah

www.rea.ie

About 3 months ago I went through a Mortgage Brokers who secured me approval for a property. I paid the deposit on the property, but then withdrew my offer after 2 weeks deciding it was not suitable, and deposit was returned. I informed my Mortgage Broker of my withdrawal by telephone, and requested my financial documents be returned.After several phonecalls to the brokers, they finally sent me them today, with a bill for 127euro for Inspection of the property and preparartion of Building Society Valuation Report. I dont believe they carried out the inspection as I promptly informed them of my decision, and I was told the service was free. Do I have to pay this bill?
If it was me, I'd go in and ask them who did the valuation and get an answer out of them on the spot. Then go straight round there and ask for the valuation report. Chances are it hasnt been carried out.
Did you authorise them to have the valuation done on your behalf? Even though I went through a broker, I still had to organise my valuation independently.

Back