Faulty goods

B

beldin

Just a query over where I stand legally. We bought a fireplace of approx 2.5K in November. They fitted it in the first week of December and everything looked fine. The fitter used oil to clean it and advised us to leave it alone for a couple of days to let the concrete set. With Xmas and the holidays we didn't get to use the fireplace or clean it until the end of December. We cleaned off the oil and found 2 noticeable scratches on the black granite . When we contacted the supplier they said their terms stated that we had 2 days to register any complaints. Their fitter also said everything was perfect when he left although his oil masked the problem. Where do we stand if we take them to small claims court to cover the cost of fixing the problem or are we in trouble.
They didn't show us any terms and conditions when the took the check off of us... This is really bugging me on a Friday when I should be starting to relax

Hi beldin

You were given clear instructions by the fitter not to go near it for a few days. It wasn't possible for you to see the scratches until a few days later. What did the supplier say when you mentioned what the fitter had told you?

Marion :hat

Well after a very long and agry phone call they got back to us and said they would replace the affected part on Monday. Maybe the combination of me saying I would call in person tomorrow and then the words legal action might have helped. It goes to show you have to complain , complain and then complain again before they take you seriously. Thanks anyway...

Back