Father passed away with no will - query about probate

S

sarah1

Hi there,
My father passed away recently. Himself and my mother lived together in the family home but the house was only in my father's name. My mother never bothered to get her name on the House Deeds. How does she go about getting her name on the House Deeds now?

Also, my father did not have a will made and I know that my mother is entitled to two-thirds and one-third is divided equally between the children.

My query is what's the easiest way for my mother to deal with this situation.

How easy is it to do probate and how much will it cost?

She is planning on living in the family home and has no intention of selling it. Would she be better off not to do anything and let children deal with it after her passing?

She does not have a will made. Should she make one?

Also, my father had some savings in a bank account and in the post office. Can my mother transfer these accounts to her name? We do not have very much money and would like to do the paperwork ourselves. I wondering how easy it is to do?
Thanks for your help.
Sarah

Hi there,
My father passed away recently. Himself and my mother lived together in the family home but the house was only in my father's name. My mother never bothered to get her name on the House Deeds. How does she go about getting her name on the House Deeds now?

Also, my father did not have a will made and I know that my mother is entitled to two-thirds and one-third is divided equally between the children.

My query is what's the easiest way for my mother to deal with this situation.

How easy is it to do probate and how much will it cost?

She is planning on living in the family home and has no intention of selling it. Would she be better off not to do anything and let children deal with it after her passing?

She does not have a will made. Should she make one?

Also, my father had some savings in a bank account and in the post office. Can my mother transfer these accounts to her name? We do not have very much money and would like to do the paperwork ourselves. I wondering how easy it is to do?
Thanks for your help.
Sarah

When the same thing happened myself -we signed over our one third to our mother and you withdraw the money from the bank once you have some proof of the death ie death certificate

Back