Faro to prai da rocha

kd1964

Hi
I am travelling to the Algarve for the first time. I have booked accommodation in Prai Da Rocha but realize that this resort is a considerable distance from the airport. I would really appreciate if someone could advise me if its possible to get public transport or should I book a taxi. Are taxis expensive. thank you.

I got a train from Faro to Lagos a couple of years back. The train station in Faro is tiny and about 100 yds from the bus station. A taxi from the airport to the train station cost us €10 but you can get a bus that costs just over €1.
We were on a lovely old train. Nearly had it to ourselves. Journey per person cost us less than €7 each. It wasn't the fastest train but it was lovely.

We were there last year. What we did was email the accommodation beforehand and ask for a price to be collected at the airport.

It cost €55 for the 2 of us, private transfer, so the guy had our name on a board when we came out from arrivals at Faro and brought us straight there. Same for the return journey. There's probably cheaper options, but it was convenient and quick.