False BER rate when renting

Which is why I'm getting a BER first, doing the renovations and getting a new BER. The tenants will be long gone as this is going to take a couple of months to travel back to Ireland to sort it out. I'm going to do it by the book. With the latest guidance from the RTB.

You know very well I'm not exempt.

I do? I don't really keep track of your property portfolio.

So I'm going to get a BER Z to start with before the renovations and move up a minimum of two ratings.

Maybe do a little more research, the minimum of two applies to properties currently rated C3 or higher, but other criteria must also be met. Otherwise it's seven.

Which is why I'm getting a BER first...

My post was in response to what value getting a BER now would serve the OP. If they get proof the landlord didn't have a valid BER, they're almost guaranteed to be successful bringing a case to the RTB.

My post was in response to what value getting a BER now would serve the OP. If they get proof the landlord didn't have a valid BER, they're almost guaranteed to be successful bringing a case to the RTB.
What benefit will this be to the OP?

I'd imagine that before trekking off down to the courts the RTB will send a letter to the landlord asking them for the BER and saying if they don't have one they must get one.

I was only using Z as an example. Meaning bottom of the ladder. I've seen BER reports. You go up ratings for changing light bults and putting a coat around the hot water tank. I thought they were gas reports altogether.

What benefit will this be to the OP?

I'd imagine that before trekking off down to the courts the RTB will send a letter to the landlord asking them for the BER and saying if they don't have one they must get one.

That's not how the RTB dispute resolution process works. Landlords should be wary, as they are very pro-tenant.

I was only using Z as an example. Meaning bottom of the ladder. I've seen BER reports. You go up ratings for changing light bults and putting a coat around the hot water tank. I thought they were gas reports altogether.

There are a lot of issues with the BER process, but if you're sub D, moving up seven ratings takes a lot more than superficial changes.

Back