Failure to pay toll charge. Which was actually paid! Unpaid Toll Notice (UTN) Eflow

Re: Failure to pay toll charge. Which was actually paid!

It is also strange that when you go online to pay the toll you cannot enter your registration number and pay what ever toll is against it. Instead you have to tell them what you owe. It's no wonder that it doesn't pick up what tolls have been paid - looks like they mightn't even have had them on their system to begin with!?

I too was sent a €40 fine when I had already paid the toll. It was sorted out with a phonecall. To look for a further written apology is crazy - they send one anyway which is a further waste of money and is damaging the environment.

sounds like it all worked out fine. just forget about it and move on.
It's a new system there is bound to be some bedding in problems.

what's the big deal?

It seems to be a case of inadequate/inefficient systems rather than "bedding in" problems.

The points raised by Cheeus in particular deserve an answer from eFlow.

What if you have a hire car? Will the car hire company pay out on incorrect notices and then deduct the toll from your credit card?

Of course they will, plus they will charge their own admin fee on top of that. I wonder what our tourism bodies have to say to eFool about the matter?

Re: Failure to pay toll charge. Which was actually paid! Unpaid Toll Notice (UTN) Efl

What's even worse is, a toll which was €2 when paid to a person in a booth now somehow cost 150% of the original cost when now mechanised, which surely should have reduced the cost to the consumer rather than increase it?

How many people are being incorrectly billed for tolls they have already paid, along with an extortionate "processing charge" and threats of court action?

Me, s**t happens :p

Re: Failure to pay toll charge. Which was actually paid! Unpaid Toll Notice (UTN) Efl

got bill in last week for 80e for 2 unpaid trips last month.

went through twice 20th oct. forgot to pay day after. Hands up, fair cop, genuinely forgot, didnt get a letter though to say i owed the 6e until the bill for 80 last week..

However, went through 5 maybe 6 times since including within 14 days of that unpaid trip and did pay the day after and paid the 6e for each round trip..

Now, I queried how did they know which trips I was paying the subsequent 6 euros for and if they were unsure why was I getting fined for the earliest one.
"dont know sir, havent thought about that so we'll just say youre paying for the unpaid toll then and say youre querying the fine."

Their system is really poor and hasnt been given much thought to be honest. If you cant preypay or only want to pay as you go, when you go to submit your car reg, you should have to register and log in and see if theres any outstanding tolls and then click what tolls youre paying for, then you or they dont have any cause for complaint as long as that data is right.

Paid by card at 22.30 yesterday for journey on Saturday. The guy at the 1850 number assured me that E3 was all I owed. I would have thought it was double that for not paying before 20.00 on Sunday. A genuine case of forgetting that I had driven past the yoke!

I think they are still allowing time to get use to the system and therefor not charging you €6 immediatly if you dont pay by 8pm next day.

I walk the roads of Lucan and get asked directions from people from the country who ask directions and when told to take the toll bridge refuse to do so because of the difficulty of paying the tolls.

I also have received the letters looking for payment of paid tolls and the phone has fixed them all.

It is a confusing mixed up mess and a travesty of accounting and would not be tolerated in any other company.

I've set up a Video account with eflow using my Laser card - should I be aware of any problems or issues that might arise with this system? I am driving from Cork to Belfast tonight, and back again on Sunday, so this will be the first experiment with it for me.

Back