FA & UB eSavings Plus Account

The Ulster strategy would be something like this:
1) Most existing Ulster customer won't notice the rate change or will be unaware of the new products - vast majority of customers
2) If they notice they won't go through the hassle of changing bank - Some customers
3) If their customers notice and kick up a fuss, Ulster will let them switch to the new Ulster products - Some customers
4) Customer will walk with their feet - Tiny minority.

So they screw most of their existing customers in the hope that inertia will the driving consumer force.

It is sad that banks can play these far from transparent saving product games with their customers.

Well I'm aware of the falling esaving plus rate. I'm also aware of the better rates with Bonus Saver and Pathway. Is it worth the fuss for 1% (which will probably fall in a short time)?

I agree ZanVan its alot of hassle for 1%.

Never mind the customers not being aware of the changes to interest rates and new products, the member of staff I approached in the bank didn't know the esavings plus rate had fallen and had never heard of the pathway account. She then came back to me and confirmed the above. Told me 3.6% was only for 6 months (almost like don't bother opening it). When I persisted she asked me had I an Ulster bank account. I had already told her about my esavings plus account so clearly I had. Then she me if I have 15K. (If I hold an easvings plus account then obvioulsy I have 15k.) Basically it felt like they didn't want me to open the new account.

Rant over. I'm just tired of dealing with banks.

Just looking at the rates for the bonus saver.
1e to 9999e is .01%
10000 to 25000 is 3%
25000 to 1000000 is 3.5%

So therefore one only gets the 3.5% on sums greater than 25k and on sums less than 10k very little.

Back