External Hard Drives

Medion 2.5" 250GB External Hard Disk Drive

each €59.99 *
Connect via USB to your PC or notebook.
  • 8MB cache
  • 5400rpm
  • Includes: USB 2.0 connection and USB cable, (no AC adaptor required)
  • Slimline and portable design
- any good?

Thats a pretty decent Euro price for a 250GB HDD.

You might be able to get better sterling value from likes of Amazon or Play, but if you can't buy from these and have to buy from the RoI then its decent.

I wonder what brand of drive they use?

I got a 1 terabyte (1000 gig) Iomega branded portable hard drive last month from Peats in Parnell street for circa 120 euro. However a friend in Holland says she can get 1000 gigs for about 80 or 90 euro there so we still have some way to go.

Not necessarily the same thing (although most manufacturers claim 1TB = 1000GB).
Not true...1TB = 1024GB...just to let peeps know.

Not necessarily the same thing (although most manufacturers claim 1TB = 1000GB).
Not true...1TB = 1024GB...just to let peeps know.

Yeah true. however a member of staff there said correctly or incorrectly that it was 1000 Gigs. Plus when I check the available space manually this checks out :)

I was thinking of getting the Iomega 1TB at €119 from Peats. I might just get two of these which will give me 640GB and no plugging them in to power supply.

Maxtor 1TB desktop hard drive for €99.99 at PC World - no details on model etc. I wonder is this an external?

those western digital passports are mighty small in physical size and dirt cheap - 60 euros from pixmania for 150gb. a little more for the bigger gb's. Ebay tesds to be dearer for these kinds of things as the big sellers stack them high and sell em fast.

I got a 1 terabyte (1000 gig) Iomega branded portable hard drive last month from Peats in Parnell street for circa 120 euro. However a friend in Holland says she can get 1000 gigs for about 80 or 90 euro there so we still have some way to go.

- I got the Iomega Pro 1TB (total size 931gb) esata for €129. My pc does not have a esata socket so I'm using usb2. Anybody know can you use the never down software with usb2 instead of esata? Any free software to sync folders on pc with external hard drive -recognize changes etc. I would like to archive some stuff also just on the external hard drive but say if I add photo's on my pc they will go across to external drive also. Any help appreciated?

On the radio this morning, REEDS of Nassau St fame are doing 1TB external for 99e - dont know what make it is.

If you find it has some killer features let us know. Its not freeware like the others so maybe theres something cool it does.

Back