Extension

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

Hi i have permission of next door to build new bounary wall that I can use for extension, without any planning permission I can build this wall 2Meters according to south county council, I was wondering will this be high enough in to make a nice sunroom, which will have a proper roof, the hassel of getting planning puts me of, Thanks

Hi
i didn't think that you needed PP for a sunroom, so long as
* the sun room isn't particularly very very large (exact size I don't know, but large);
* that its single story;
* that its to the back of your house

you seem to have your neighbour on side which is great.

We've recently completed our sunroom - no planning permission. We did have initial problems with the neighbour who didn't allow us to rebuild the party wall, but we're all happy with the finished product now.

Y

"Hi i have permission of next door to build new bounary wall that I can use for extension"

AFAIK you cannot have an overhang into a neighbours property from a building on your site, so be careful if you intend to use a boundary wall as the outside wall of an extension as the facia/soffit/shutes may be classed as an overhang.

You would want to be careful that the boundary wall, will be sufficent to hold the weight of your sunroom roof. the foundations for these need to be able to support a lot of weight.

Jack

build your new wall that it is complety on your side, then build a parapet wall so you will have no overhang into next door , so this wall can go up to I think around 14ft without planning permission, you will have to match up their side so it looks right, also if they want to build new extension they can use same wall as you,

Back