expired penalty points

muzaway

Anyone know where I can find out if my penalty points have expired yet? I got mine very soon after the scheme started. Thanks, M

Not sure where you can check is http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/4743-0.pdf (this) of any use?

Points on Licence for 3 Years (Effective Period)

Penalty points remain on a current licence for a period of 3 years from the start date (effective date). If a person is disqualified for a period of six months after accumulating 12 points, the points which led to the disqualification are removed at the end of the 6 months. Any period where a licence has expired and is not current will not count as part of the 3 years the points are to remain on the licence record or as part of the disqualification period of 6 months.

Thanks, I'll have to have a look so and see if I have a record of when I paid the fine. M

I got 2 penalty points in July this year but when I got my notice (beginning of October) it stated that the effective date was 10th November, 2005. What's the logic behind this other than adding 4 months to the period the points will be on my licence?

The points come into effect only when you pay for them, so the November date is probably the date you had to cough up by? I got a response from the Citizens advice bureau, you have to contact the licensing department in your local authority to check the status of your points. Muz

Back