Experian/Equifax Credit Report

studentuk

Hi there,

I am in the midst of a mortgage application in Ireland and as I have a UK student loan, the bank requires a UK Credit report.

I contacted both Experian and Equifax and both required me to send off all my information, however it is not possible to apply online as I have no current UK address.

Is it possible to obtain a credit report when you no longer live in the UK?

Thanks!

Last edited:
However, I don't know whether this will show up in the UK credit report. As far as I recall, the bank account had only been linked to my first UK address and then my parent's Irish address. My last 2 addresses in the UK were never linked to this account.

Rather than sit and sweat it out, have you tried to register with Experian and/or Equifax online to get your free report?

goes into a lot more detail. Basically you sign up for the free trial, get your report, and cancel within 30 days.

I used to subscribe to one of these services years ago so cannot remember what I needed to verify my identity at registration, but once registered you simply enter your address history and dates you lived at each and everything known about you will be displayed - historic/outstanding borrowings, defaults, etc.

Hi Andrew,

Yes I tried to register but one must input a current UK address to do so.

I actually tried to enter my last UK address and then got an error that there was an issue identifying me - likely because it's not my current UK address!!

Yeah, I tried too after seeing your message. Computer says No! I guess your only option is to deal with them direct unfortunately.

Hi Andrew,

Yes I tried to register but one must input a current UK address to do so.

I actually tried to enter my last UK address and then got an error that there was an issue identifying me - likely because it's not my current UK address!!
Hi @studentuk

In the unlikely event that you see this, can you tell me how you managed to overcome this issue? I am facing a similar situation.

Has anybody else here faced a similar experience?

Back