Executor renouncing

SCOTTPLASMA

My Fathers estate is straightforward enough. Property owned outright, pension lump sum and minor other asserts. We his two adult children have paid all the expenses to date. We are also equal beneficiaries. There is no conflict. We now want to proceed with probate and are hoping to DIY. The will was drafted in 2000 when we were minors. My aunt and uncle are the named executors. They are happy to proceed but we feel going the DIY route would be too onerous on them. I understand they can renounce but my query is around who would execute if they renounce? would it fall back on the beneficiaries named in the will to execute or appoint

I am just starting the diy process myself, the paperwork is easy to follow and based on what you say it is the way to go for you. you could do the paperwork and have the executors jump in where required for signatures etc.

If the Executors renounce their rights the persons entitled to the residue named in the will are next entitled to extract the Grant of Representation from the Probate office.