Executor discretion in distributing assets

shouldn't they all be transferred into joint names if the will doesn't specify that they are to be sold
generally speaking, no you don't do this.

Having said that I was executor for an estate where two siblings were acting the maggot and in that case I did exactly that and let them fight each other over what to do with it.

I think he thought he could not distribute it to her without the Will saying it is hers. There’s no issue with the estate making the value of the apartment. They’ve valued the estate conservatively

This is where the advice of a solicitor is invaluable. While he may be well able to take out probate he will still need a solicitor for sale of the property and for the sake of a few thousand euro he might be able to prevent siblings falling out over a parents will.

Answering simple questions such as can we transfer this apartment to my sister at €250K value and that be a portion of her third would be answered instantly by a solicitor who would advise the executor.

Yes but the solicitor will advise the executor. Not my friend. She’s wondering what the advice might be

Back