executers copy of wills

asdfg

Does an executer have a [legal] duty to give a copy of the will to the benificeries?Thanks for any replies

I have no problem in doing this ,i just want to make sure im doing everything legally.Thanks

AFAIK you only need to notify a benificiary what they themselves have inherited, but ultimately the Will becomes available to the public after probate. Personally I gave a copy of the will to each person, but it was all very straight forward and equal. I can understand why you may not want to disclose all the details if it is likely to cause rows.

There may be other issues if they are entitled to a certain % of the estate if they are a wife or child.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong

Does an executer have a [legal] duty to give a copy of the will to the benificeries?Thanks for any replies

Nope. The executor only has to show beneficiaries the part of the will that concerns them. They are not entitled to see the will in its entirety. However, once Probate has been completed and the will is a matter of public record, they can find out its entire contents if they so wish. Before that happens, it is up to the Executor to decide who does or does not get to see what. And make those oh so fun decisions about what is the best thing to do to keep everyone informed as to what is going on, as well as keeping the peace. Good luck !

Back