Exchanging EU license for Irish one

javiercarrillo

Hi everyone,

I applied online on the NDLS website to get my Italian license exchanged for an Irish one. I submitted my passport and original license via post.

While I expect the process to take a long time (that’s ok), does anyone know long it takes to get my passport back? When I was applying their site said they would return my documentation “once they had validated my application”.

Well, it’s been over a month now and I’ve tried to contact them on the phone (goes straight to “no agent available”), via email (no answer), and even Twitter, asking for an update or at least to know when they will return my passport, all without success.

At this point I have no idea if my application was accepted and, worse of all, where my documents (especially my passport) is.

Any ideas? Is that normal?

Thank you!

I have been waiting for 2.5 months for my license exchange. I regret waiting until the last minute now and will accept this delay as penance.

I think they're on skeleton staff just dealing with requests for essential workers for the duration of Level 5 restrictions.

Back