Ex wont pay mortgage

Hack123

I am looking for advice. I have a mortgage on my old family home that I bought with my ex-wife. We agreed it would be best and more financial sense along with practicality of work changes to rent the property out. There is a manageable shortfall on the mortgage (interest only). My ex wife has decided that she is no longer going to pay the mortgage and be in breach of our separation agreement. The bank basically don't care after submitting SFS etc it looks like they are going to want repayment mortgage payments later this summer when the interest only expires. Does anyone have any advise on what to do as although I accept the mortgage is my problem as I am liable fully for the debt as my ex walked away from the debt as far as the bank is concerned and I am going to seek legal advice on that this week. I was wondering if anyone has any advise as I do not want my credit history destroyed but expecting me to pay a mortgage 14 times my sole income it is on the cards. When the mortgage was originally taken out it was about 7 times the joint income and was not a problem. Job loses etc has increased multiple of to higher level. Any advice would be appreciated

Back