Euphony charging for elive

Re: I think they're making it up as they go along.

ninsaga, depending on what's in that letter, I personally might stay with them for the time being. My family make a helluva lot of daytime local calls, and €9.99/month incl VAT is still a lot less than my average call charges with Chorus, who I left for them. * 'though if you make most of your calls after 6 or on weekends, Eircom or UTVtalk's all-in packages are probably the better option...

If Euphony don't mark up the charge to 1890 numbers, then Telestunt remains the obvious choice for international calls.

As for calls to mobiles (grrrrrr.....:mad ) — I've obviously now unblocked the 'phone to them and won't be using that 1520 prefix any more — 23c a minute, even if you don't get through?! :eek — but I suppose Euphony's basic charges of 23c/17.5c/13.5c are no worse than Eircom's rates. My lot are all on Meteor leisuretime, so I've made the point to them that after 6pm it's actually cheaper for them to call mobiles from their own mobiles (13c) than from the landline...

I'll wait for another full month's bill to come before deciding whether it's worth buying pre-paid mobile minutes from Euphony : 100 'anytime' minutes for €17, 200 for €31, etc. Problem with that option is that unused minutes don't roll over — you use them or lose them. I'd like to think we could keep the mobile calls to under 100 mins/month (that's an average of 3 mins 20 secs per day). :rolleyes

Anyway, I reckon that come February there'll probably be a whole new array of options on the market...

Why what's happening in February?

Deadline for local loop unbundling — see www.comreg.ie:

Friday, November 05, 2004
ComReg has issued a direction that sets the price for full Local Loop Unbundling at €14.65 per month.

Full text here (.pdf)

:D

Update no. 2 ...courtesy of FatherD.

Dr. M.

Back