Euphony billing

• Thread starter fatherdougalmaguire
  • Start date
F

fatherdougalmaguire

Rang up last week to join and I'm wondering what the situation is regards billing? Do they post bills out? I've been with Esat since March and haven't received a single bill so I'm quite anxious I can see where my money's going. Although I've mobile-proofed my phones I want to be sure none of the Dougalites have discovered a workaround (like dialing 142 or 141 before the mobile number or dialing the international access code etc. :) ).

I digress. Can someone tell me how Euphony deliver their billing? Mind you, Babble's going 'really' live in December and from what we can gather it's €40 for a year's worth of unlimited (outbound) calls.

There I go again Ted, digressing.

Euphony bill you once a month. So around mid Nov you will get a bill by post for your Oct calls - which will be taken out of your bank account (if you pay by DD) on the 1st of Dec.

One can also pay by CC or by cheque at your bank.

Note though that Euphony do not offer call blocking services (such as the way you block mobile calls).

ninsaga

Euphony do not offer call blocking services

True, but any half-decent DECT phone will let you block calls to certain prefixes. At the moment my own one won't let anyone call a number starting with '00' or '15**' (following previous discussions and )

Dr. M.

I picked up a DECT phone in Power City for €30 which allowed call barring. It also works with my existing DECT handset so now we have two phones to loose. Well not exactly, the phone that I got in PC also has a pager function which will let you locate it if it gets mislaid. Once you find that one you can make an internal call to the other handset and find that one too.

Euphony

On their website, Euphony list an 01- number but say it is free to call them? Is that true?

Also I find it difficult to access their pricing information. What am I doing wrong?

And, in relation to other posts here, what exactly is a DECT phone?

Re: Euphony

Another Q for Euphonites. I've got the application form and there's no mention of TalkNow just Talk3000 + All Calls, All Calls, Local and National.

Any takers before I go 'on hold'.

@Ash: the current rate card is (suggest right-click and 'save as') And yes, once you're with them, any national no. (incl N.I.) should be 'free' (i.e. included in your monthly €9.99) — presuming of course that they answer and deal with your call in under 60 minutes! :\

DECT means Digital Electronic Communication Telephony — basically a wireless 'phone that transmits digital rather than analog sound — so better clarity & range, depending on the 'phone. LIDL are selling a basic one from next Thursday for [broken link removed], God bless 'em! (Argos probably aren't far behind...)

@FatherD: Yeah, strange that..! Just had a look on the website and noticed that in the (very undetailed) details they have a little *proviso inserted about '*residential voice only' — see my earlier rant .

But now when you go to download their (still incomplete, and misleading) rate card, you get the old Talk3000 card, updated to say 'effective as and of 1st July 2004' and with a stipulation that:
* Talk3000 customers receive 1500 Local and 1500 National offpeak free minutes per month, the first 10 minutes of the call are free, subject to standard terms and conditions, after which current competitive Euphony local rates apply. These rates supercede any previously published. Monthly service charge of €5 (inc. VAT) — yet the Flash-animated 'leader' still goes on about 'unlimited chat for just 10 yoyos a month! [etc.].

— Whereas my 'older' TalkNow rate card — also headed 'effective as and of 1st July 2004' offers just that — and makes no mention of their 90% mark-up on non-geographic numbers... or exclusions on calls to ISP numbers, even 'geographic' ones.

These b***ards really are making it up as they go along...! :mad

If I were you — and if you have the patience? ;) — I'd ring them up — on the Freefone 1800 357 142 number, of course —and ask for the TalkNow rates. Let us know what they say...!

As for moi — I definitely feel a Comreg/ASAI complaint coming on...

Dr. M.

Hmm. I'm fortunate enough to be on broadband so I won't fall foul of that particular brain-fart that Euphony had.

Here's a suggestion though. If your business or the company you work for has an broadband/leased line Internet connection you might be able to set up a PC on your LAN with a modem. You can then configure it to allow incoming calls, dial into it from home and access the Internet. Just a thought.

I'm assuming that Euphony have ISP numbers hard-coded so they can't tell what's going on with a particular phone call. I'm sure if they had some kind of bearer-sensing thing running on a call they'd be breaking a few laws.

fatherdougal - can you say "compromised network", "breach of acceptable usage policy" or "your network admins are going to hate you" ?

I don't think that kind of setup is particularly wise, and could well get you into trouble with your HR and IT people when someone discovers that someone has bypassed the corporate security measures and granted free access to the corporate network to anyone who dials that number.

z

Back