eToro for US ETFs and no stamp duty Irish shares

landlord

I Just downloaded the eToro app and I have my application pending.
I remember someone on here saying that this platform can be used to purchase US ETFs.
I checked in the trade section on the app for availability on a few very common ETFs such as;
VOO
SPY
XLF
QQQ
They are all available. How is it eToro allows you to trade these ETFs while most if not all other platforms do not? Any risks associated with using this platform?

update....one negative seems to be that all trading is done in dollars. I made the mistake of transferring money from my Irish account. Not sure how much commission I was charged. I should’ve used my revolut dollar account. I assume you can transfer the money back to revolut? I will have to try.

Last edited:
Update ....
Reading the info on the etoro website it appears you pay no stamp duty buying and selling Irish shares. From their website.....

Many brokers also charge a quarterly management fee and/or administration fee. eToro never charges any management, administration or ticketing fees. eToro even absorbs Stamp Duty and Financial Transaction Tax for clients where applicable: an additional saving of 0.5% in the UK, 1% in Ireland, 0.3% in France, and 0.1% in Italy.

Hey Landlord. Very interesting. Please let us know if you are able to actually purchase the US ETF's.
As I thought MIFD 2 put a stop to that.

I just bought VTI on etoro. However it mentions cfd in some places and not in others . Need more investigation I think.

Back