Ethical Credit Card

N

natfromcark

Hi all.
Having trouble finding such a thing as an ethical credit card in Ireland. Oxfamireland.org pretend to offer one, but there's a sly "offer only open to UK residents" slipped in there. Anyway, it's offered with the co-operative bank in the UK which is one of the more ethical financial institutions over there and then a percentage goes to Oxfam. So that just gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.
There really aren't many different options for ethical banking in Ireland. Few financial institutes here have a decent Corporate Social Responsibility statement, and we just don't have anyone who can do the research like, say, Ethical Consumer Magazine in the UK. It really gets my goat!
Any help here would be appreciated. Ta
Nat

Thanks.
That's a good start. I'll put those in the "maybe" pile for now for the following reasons:
1 - MBNA have showed up in the top 25 donors to the Republican Party in the US as you can see here http://www.boycottbush.net/ (on the homepage... shudder!) and
2 - because this mixed report (just over halfway down the page) doesn't fill me with confidence in MBNA [broken link removed]
You can see this won't be easy :). I apologise. But so far, i guess MBNA are the frontrunners!

Soon to be joined by (Pro) Bono's inc(red)ibly "sexy" new [broken link removed]... :rolleyes:
[broken link removed]

Back