ETFmatic

Chips15

Hi All,

First post and I'm just starting to read up on investing and have yet to take the plunge. Any thoughts on using ETFmatic for an initial lump sum investment and then topping up every quarter? The fees are .49 + ETF costs for <25K and then .29 +ETF costs >25K

Sorry - cant post links on my first post but you can search etfmatic and also there is a irish times article if you google them also

I really don't see the point of RoboAdvisers and the tax calculations would be a nightmare.

RoboAdvisers from my experience are very good, however that is with a caveat that over the last 10 years it would be near impossible to not make money buying broad based industry ETFs. I was an early user of Betterment in the US and they took care of all the tax calculations and calculated efficient disposals to limit tax.

The biggest benefit I have found is the relative simplicity, it basically involves setting a portfolio risk weighting, set up a direct debit and then monitor. The time I save vs manual portfolio tracking is worth it in my opinion. I have only been using ETFmatic for the less than a year since relocating back to Ireland and whilst it is not perfect I do feel it is the way of the future.

Anyone have a recent experience with it?

Are you Irish based Andrew365? Just wondering about the comment it’s not suitable for Irish people.

I am Irish based but lived in the states until 6 months ago. What was not suitable? ETFMatic is open to Irish based customers, I was referencing using a US Roboadvisor Betterment which ETFMatic has essentially copied in look, feel and operation.

Back