Estates in Malahide - again...

Does anyone know anything about the 'Lissadel Wood' Estate in Malahide. I know the Waterside development was embroiled in controversy since apparently it was in Swords not Malahide...any general information would be appreciated....is it a good development...is it a good area? Many thanks

Lisadell Wood is in pretty much the same location as the Waterside, albeit slightly closer to Malahide. As far as I am concerned, they are both around halfway between Swords and Malahide.

I would consider Lisadell Wood overpriced.

The road that both developments are located on is the focus of major development and is usually quite busy. Covenient location, but having car is probably a must. Neither are really a convenient walk to Malahide DART station, but there is a bus that links with the station I think.

me again....is it regarded as a good area...by that I mean are there any trouble spots around?

I'm not from Malahide, I actually live in Portmarnock.

I don't know of any bad areas around Lisadell Wood etc., but there are no bad areas near where I live, but still there are car break-ins etc. Same as anywhere else in Dublin.

That road that Lissadell is on is a mess. There is indeed a lot of development on it, and two sites currently for sale - one with about 10 acres, so you can imagine how many houses would be squeezed onto that if it got planning. I think that site is next door to Lissadell too, but you'd need to check. The road is falling to bits generally and needs repairing. You wouldn't really be strolling to Malahide to the shops from there and no buses run past that road as far as I'm aware, so you'd have to mke your way up towards Swords or to Malahide if you were hoping to use public transport. As for crime, I'd agree that it's just as likely to be as affected as any of the nearby areas such as Malahide proper or Portmarnock etc. Add to the fact that Malahide Garda station is seriously under resourced and it probably doesn't help the detection rates of more minor crime unless you catch someone in the act.

We moved into Seabury during the Summer.

There is the "Handy Shop" in Seabury which is probably the closest shop to Lissadell, coming from Swords, turn left into Seabury, its down a bit on the LHS. It would be a bit of a walk I think.

There are 2 buses close to Lissadell, the 42 comes through Seabury, and turns left at the lights (away from Lissadell) back towards Malahide Road. Only half of them take this route, the rest go straight out the Malahide Road and are no good to you. There is also the 230 (?) which runs from Portmarnock to the Airport, this goes through Seabury, turns right towards Lissadell for the airport. This may be handy in the mornings as it passes the dart station. 42 N runs through Kinsealy, down to the roundabout on Swords side of the M1, and passes Lissadell, quite handy for getting home late night. Taxi is about 20-25 euro from city centre.

That road is busy, and as mentioned before, is in bad repair. I nearly hit someone turning into Lissadell, as I though they were indicating left for the lights, and not the entrance to the development. Haven't been in around it so can't comment really on what its like.

The area is nice, although there was trouble over Halloween at the Handy Shop, it was vandalised. We haven't had a bit of bother, and have nothing but good things to say about the place.

Good location for shops - Pavillions in Swords is 5 minutes away, some places there are open until 11, Tesco in Clarehall 24 hrs is not far, Coolock is right beside that, Airside etc. all within easy striking distance, but again, you'd be stranded without a car.

As regards planning, I remember seeing the county development plan, which mentions/details a green belt around Malahide. I believe Waterside is smack bang in the middle of it ... the details should be on fingalcoco.ie ... actually here they are : [broken link removed]

What I did spot was that there is a "Road Proposal" for the Swords Road, the details are probably somewhere in the meeting minutes on the site.

Back