Estates in Blessington

Garfieldus3

Anyone here living in Blessington? What's it like? Quiet at night? Traffic etc?

TIA
Garfieldus III

Blessington

Anyone here living in Blessington? What's it like? Quiet at night? Traffic etc?

TIA

Re: Blessington

No I don't live there, but my boyfriend does (until he moves to Lucan with me in Jan).

1. Lovely village. Great walks. Scenic.

2. Shops are good and improving now with new shopping centre.

3. Bus is regular (as in regular once an hour), but it can be a nightmare if you're looking to get home at night from town when, for some unknown reason, it drops to once every two hours, with the last one leaving town at 11. My bugbear, sorry, and the main reason I refused to look at living there.

4. Traffic during the day is quiet enough. I think the new shopping centre and any new developments will add substantially to the traffic. Put it this way, at the moment traffic moves all the way to Dublin at the moment. However, I don't think it will be long before it stops and goes the way of the Naas Road. (My opinion mind) Turning from the road from Naas into the village in the morning during rush hour can be a long process as well.

5. Very quiet at night. No problems on that score.

Where are you looking? Which estate? He lives in Beechdale and his sister lives in Burgage. We've looked at houses in Haywood as well.

Property Prices in Blessington Co Wicklow: Any Advice?

Hello there,

We have identified a property in Blessington(co.wicklow), prices are affordable compared to prices in dublin. Is it a good idea to forecast the house prices 1 or 2 years from now. Will the prices shoot up or ....?

Regards,

Pint 6

Re: Property Prices in Blessington Co Wicklow: Any Advice?

I don't think that there are any plans for improved transport links for Blessington in Transport 21-this may affect future values?

What is the story regarding illegal dumps in co wicklow and water quality. Would this have an impact on the price of residential property in the region?

Blessington itself is lovely (my boyf's parents live there). However, we looked at it and I said no because I've spent too many mornings and evenings on the blooming 65.

Will prices go up? Yes, but only if they improve (dramatically) the bus service. More houses and more people mean more congestion on the road.

Personally, for the life of me, I cannot understand why they don't run regular imps to Tallaght and Sandyford to connect with the Luas.

Back