Can I ask the estate agent the ID of the viewers and bidders?

I don't know the specific rules but the last time we sold the EA gave us good feedback on the profile of all viewers and bidders - eg, first time buyers & mortgage approved, cash buyers with proof of funds, in a chain, young couple, retired couple, etc. He also gave some background on any that showed serious interest, eg, where from, interest in or connection to the area, work background, etc. But he did not give names and addresses - whether this was to do with rules and regulations, I don't know. But nor did we seek such data because we weren't interested.
I would say feedback on the profile of the viewers/bidders is essential. We sold a house a few years ago and the agent was easily able to tell us which viewers she thought were serious and why. For example, some were classic tyre kickers who viewed every property in the area as a Saturday morning recreation! Some had proactively registered their interest in the property type and area and had travelled a distance specifically to view the house. Likewise, proof of funds sorts out the wheat from the chaff.

For potential tenants, it's even more important. You want to see evidence of ability to pay and references from previous landlords or other living arrangements.

The conflict of interest is not on the closing of the sale (when vendor and agent get a fee) but on resale when Murkey title may cause a sale to fall thru
Can you explain how there is a conflict of interest there for the vendor's solicitor?

all I am saying is that a vendor who loses a sale because an estate is not in charge and has no contract to enforce compliance with the pp may look to those who gained from the sale to him be it auctioneer for builder or auctioneer for purchaser form builder.
Can you try that again please, the point isn't clear. Are you now saying your concern is for the vendor and not a reckless purchaser who decides to purchase a property without seeking legal advice?

Back