Estate Agent Problem.Advise needed plz.

corco2000

Hi, if i use the services of an estate agent to rent out and manage my property and seize this before the year is over because of a 'problem' tennant- Can he still have an 'to let'add in his window with a picture of the house?- even though he is no longer my agent.And house is not for rent. You can even see my house number on picture!

I have reqeusted they take this down serveral times to no avail what is the next step, can anyone reccomend please.

stand outside his shop with a sign saying he is advertising properties he dosen't have.
you can even print up leaflets and hand them out to people outside his shop
he will soon take down your picture

Wooowwww ha ha ha-I wish I had the time to do that. Would be a good one. Was thinking more in the line of a solicitors letter.

I wouldn't spend money with a solicitor just yet.

I would complain to him in writing making sure you state all the facts ie when he stopped being your agent, when you first asked him to remove the details of your house and how many times subsequent.

Send this off in the post and in the meantime find out if he is a part of one of the Auctioneering bodies. If he is send off a letter of complaint to them with a copy of the letter you sent to the auctioneer.

If he still doesn't remove it after this I would send him a letter warning that you will be contacting your solicitor to deal with the matter.

I think if you do this you, you may be able to recover any costs from the small claims court(if you wish to), as you can prove that you gave him every opportunity to remove your house details from his window.

Donking,
Thank you for your reply and I totally agree that this is the correct approach. He is a member of IAVI as far as i am aware.

By the way this is the icing on the cake. I have nothing but hassle from this estate agent. I mean can they not just remove it like i asked FIVE times. Why be so difficult. Who needs the stress?

Back