Laya Essential health 300 to vhi equivalent

Gummychicken

Hi,
I'm 43 and currently on essential health 300 with laya for €1,196.61 and my daught 2.5 Yr is on control 300 create for €347.56. I'm based in limerick and vhi are building a swift care clinic in 2020 which I feel would be worth having access to. Laya is also mentioning they will build a similar clinic in 2020 but I'm open to moving to vhi to get access to swift clinic if I could get an equivalent policy for myself and child. Both of us healthy but with my daughter id like access to all consultants, doctors etc just in case. Could you advice what policy we should look at.. Thanks

Hi Gummychicken,

Welcome to AAM. There are 2 VHI plans worth considering for yourself with some cover for the VHI Swiftcare clinics included.
Details as follows;
1. VHI One Plan 250; price 896pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 250 x 2 max per year for all admissions.
Day case excess 150 per procedure. Cover for VHI Swiftcare explained under Outpatient Benefits, sub-heading A & E charge -- for the initial
consultation VHI cover 75 and you pay 50. Further details about follow on visits + cover etc.

2, VHI One Plan 150; price 996pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 150 x 2 per year for all admissions.
Day case excess 150 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Cover for VHI Swiftcare clinic explained as above.

Child Option
I would recommend VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3 for your daughter. Details as follows;
3. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 300 per child; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess 150 per admission
and 50 excess per day case procedure. Good day to day cover, including 50% refund for gp, consultants, etc, Cover for VHI Swiftcare Clinic
explained as above.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Btw, when is your renewal date? As you can only switch to another provider at renewal date.

Regards, Snowyb

Back