Eoin McGee and Bitcoin

elacsaplau

Anyone know anything about this?

Edit: The link gets hijacked......and transforms into a McWlliams article!?

Basically, the article I wanted to link to is about McGee (of RTE financial planning fame) investing in software to help people trade successfully in Bitcoin? It seems extra extra ordinary?!

It is very likely one of those websites which use fake celebrity endorsements to scam people.

I have emailed Eoin with a link to it.

Brendan

Last edited:
On 25 July 2019, he was very dismissive of cryptocurrencies.

It's about 12 minutes into it.

"Even if you think it's a great thing, don't put more than 1% of your portfolio into it."

"I have never heard of XRP. I gave up the day I heard about banana coin"

Brendan

It's about 12 minutes into it.

"Even if you think it's a great thing, don't put more than 1% of your portfolio into it."

"I have never heard of XRP. I gave up the day I heard about banana coin"

Brendan

I can create a Brendan Coin or an AskAboutMoney coin and you can allocate it based on post likes, or you can just keep it all yourself and say it is worth 10 million euros.

edit: There is a good BBC podcast ("The Missing CryptoQueen") on OneCoin which was essentially a Ponzi scheme. Fraudsters will look to take advantage of any system, so we should not tarnish all crypto with the same notion that they are all frauds.

I got an email from Eoin

Absolutely nothing to do with me!!

I’ll post ASAP but can’t right now I’d appreciate if you posted something on ask about money in the meantime

Hi Elacs

As a matter of interest, how did you come across that website?

What search terms were you using?

Or did you get an email about it?

Brendan

Brendain Burgess said:
The scam alludes to offer access to this amazing [fake] trading bot. It's just one of a long line of scams that uses people's misunderstanding of cryptocurrencies to hoodwink them. You don't need an intermediary to add bitcoin to your portfolio other than a well recognised cryptocurrency exchange. If someone is cold calling you regarding cryptocurrency, then most likely you are being pitched a scam.
Fraudsters will look to take advantage of any system, so we should not tarnish all crypto with the same notion that they are all frauds.
Point well made.

Last edited:
I got an email from Eoin

Absolutely nothing to do with me!!

I’ll post ASAP but can’t right now I’d appreciate if you posted something on ask about money in the meantime

Is Eoin a member on here ?
I've always watched his programme on rte and find it a great learning curve.

He discussed his experience of this on Today with Sarah McInerney yesterday

A few people have contacted him since saying that they have bought Bitcoin based on his advice.

People are getting more comfortable buying stuff online, so they are more vulnerable.

He has been advised that it's impossible to get the ads/articles taken down.

Brendan

Back