Entitlements for part time 22h working mother with mortgage living with BF

M

Mooser

Hi Im 25 and had a baby in 2005 got a shared ownership mortgage the same year and recently went from full time to part time work only working 22.5 hours a week. I live with my boyfriend and our 1 and half year old.Am I entitled to anything?All I am getting is Childrens Allowance monthly. Should I be claiming anything else ?

Re: Please Help

No I haven't contacted anyone, yes I automatically got the childcare supplement. My partner works full time. I was working 9-half 5 mon-friday but had to go to a 3 day week.

Assuming that you are not genuinely available and seeking work for the days that you are not working then you would not be entitled to Jobseeker's Allowance/Benefit if that's what you were wondering? Are there any family supports (I presume that some or all schemes are open to families where the partners are not married) that you might be entitled to? I guess a lot will depend on your partner's earnings. Can you post details? Are you sure that he's claiming all tax credits/allowances available to him?

Are you paying too much tax? A guide to tax credits
[broken link removed]

What about Family Income Supplement? If you have a nett income ((i.e. gross pay less Tax, Employee's PRSI, Health Contribution and Superannuation) of less that €480, you will be entitled to 60% of the difference between your combined income and the limit (€480). There is a minimum payment to if your income is close to the threshold.

Also if you are working three days a week, and qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit (unless you are as Clubman's assumption above), you could claim three days benefit for the days you are not working. You need 39 paid contributions and 39 paid or credited in the governing year, 2005 to qualify for that.

Go talk to your local Social Welfare Office - they will give you information on any entitlements you are due.

You would not quailfy for Jobseekers Benefit if you requested the reduction from full-time to part time.

Number to check out FIS: LoCall Line 1890 20 23 25
(open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week)

Back