Entitled to a small UK pension?

pingin

Hello,
Having lived and worked in London for about two years in the late 1980s, I'm wondering if I'm entitled to a (very small) UK pension. Perhaps my contributions would be too small.

My details are somewhere in the attic but I should be able to find them!

Thanks.

Hello,
Having lived and worked in London for about two years in the late 1980s, I'm wondering if I'm entitled to a (very small) UK pension. Perhaps my contributions would be too small.

My details are somewhere in the attic but I should be able to find them!

Thanks.

All depends on your time there. To qualify for a pension, you need at least 3 years paid contributions. If you have that you can purchase voluntary contributions for a further 17 years (2006 to 2022) before April 2025 and you can then purchase any years from now until your retirement age.

As far as I know, less than 3 years working there and you are excluded from any pension entitlement!

All depends on your time there. To qualify for a pension, you need at least 3 years paid contributions. If you have that you can purchase voluntary contributions for a further 17 years (2006 to 2022) before April 2025 and you can then purchase any years from now until your retirement age.

As far as I know, less than 3 years working there and you are excluded from any pension entitlement!
Thanks for your reply PC 100. I'm not sure of exactly how long I was there but I fear it may have been less than three years.

Thanks for your reply PC 100. I'm not sure of exactly how long I was there but I fear it may have been less than three years.
Either ring them or set up account on uk my hov to see your record. You might be surprised as they used to give you 3 years extra for dome reason. Need 10 years to get anything do would need to buy voluntary contributions as per key post.

Back