Employee price?

Vanilla

Yesterday there was an advert in the Indo for a new Mondeo 1.8 5 door, alloys, metallic paint, fogs for 22139 approx- for one month only, employee price. Seems like a very good deal, anyone any views? Also, if I were in the market for a new car, but would prefer an Opel Vectra, basic spec., could I walk into the garage with this ad and ask for the employee price, if I get it, I'll buy there and then?

Vanilla said:
Yesterday there was an advert in the Indo for a new Mondeo 1.8 5 door, alloys, metallic paint, fogs for 22139 approx- for one month only, employee price. Seems like a very good deal, anyone any views? Also, if I were in the market for a new car, but would prefer an Opel Vectra, basic spec., could I walk into the garage with this ad and ask for the employee price, if I get it, I'll buy there and then?
I noticed loads of car ads in the US quoting 'employee price' on my last visit there - looks like yet another US idea invading our culture!

If Ford is selling Mondeos at the employee price it means they want to shift numbers of that model specifically. So the offer will be restricted to that model. Not much good if you want an Opel....

RainyDay said:
I noticed loads of car ads in the US quoting 'employee price' on my last visit there - looks like yet another US idea invading our culture!

And no harm!

Yes, apparently this is common enough practice in the UK too.

From reading the posts here, I see that there is a greater depreciation on Fords than there might be on other makes too, so I can see why, especially at this time of year, one might get a good discount on a Ford.

However my father, a cash buyer, would prefer an Opel. Just wondering if he could haggle, as if push came to shove, he might actually go for the Ford. Depreciation probably won't bother him at all as it is likely he'll keep the car for at least 10 years.

AFIAK, the new Mondeo has a pretty good rep. Now is indeed a good time of the year to buy, so be sure to ask for the 'best price' as we like to say in Donegal! The fact that he has cash should enable him to a good offer, whether that can be combined with the 'employee price' is another matter. As always, be prepared to walk away..............

It's merely a marketing term. Mondeos are fine cars though. Handle better than Vectras. Haggle hard.

Having drove both the current Vectra and the Mondeo the Mondeo is a drivers car and has a lot more room in it. I would go for the Mondeo anytime. BTW it is due a replacement in 2007

N Solo

What you need is Fleet Price. I was spitting feathers in the UK when I was paying TAX on my Co. Car. The car retailed at 15K - The fleet bought at 11500 and so I paid TAX on the Retail price not the purchase price. If you can tail onto someones fleet then you will save a pile. And think about the depreciation.......FLEET purchasers have already knocked off the 3 year depreciation 30%. It is a fixed price scam that governments, manufacturers and everybody else get their money but any private individual gets the kicking with no real discounts or tax breaks available.

Back