Emissions / car / servicing

deco87

get my car serviced at a very reputable garage - takes up to 3 weeks to get any service / work , done , I happened to mention at the last service - that I presumed he checks the emissions -( as my car was due NCT, the next day) he says no , doesn't do that anymore !

I found this a bit strange as I presumed this would be done as a matter of course ! Do the majority of garages check emissions as a matter of course I just wonder , thanks

I don't think all garage's would have the equipment to check emissions. I don't recall ever having it checked.

get my car serviced at a very reputable garage - takes up to 3 weeks to get any service / work , done , I happened to mention at the last service - that I presumed he checks the emissions -( as my car was due NCT, the next day) he says no , doesn't do that anymore !

I found this a bit strange as I presumed this would be done as a matter of course ! Do the majority of garages check emissions as a matter of course I just wonder , thanks
You never asked before what exactly they do when they service your vehicle?

Not really no. Only got one service before - he seemed to do a lot more checks than any previous service guy - his reputation is outstanding - if anything needed to be done he does it - suits me ! I just wondered if the majority of local mechanics / garages , do emissions check as standard - thanks

Ah yup , I think if it's an issue , there are plenty of places that will look at it , indeed

Thanks

Some providers list full details of what they cover in a full-service (example). Emissions tests would not be common as part of a regular service unless specifically requested. Some garages with the equipment may do one if they suspect issues but in many you can expect to pay more if you do want an emissions test.

Back