Election inefficiencies

"Military" campaigns whether they were conducted in 1916,1919,1920. 1921 or later are all the same to me.

If you can't understand the difference between Warrington and the Easter Rising, it probably explains why you are considering voting SF.
Putting a bomb outside Boots in 1993 was not a military campaign, it was a terrorist act.

Anytime SF call to my door and I tell them there is zero chance of ever getting a vote from me. I don't even mention the cowardly acts of terrorism. I mention the names Paul Quinn and Robert McCartney and tell them to come back when their families have justice. To be honest, they usually just look at me blankly. The younger candidates have no idea of their own party's history other than the fancy promotional videos of brave IRA soldiers taking on the British Empire.

Anyway, SF will once again flatter to deceive in this election so wouldn't worry about them.... You will have Pearse Doherty having to do all the heavy lifting because Mary Lou just hasn't cut it as leader.

This election will be fought on pensioners (Pension increases) and young people (Climate change, housing and childcare). The rest of us will just be expected to keep paying high or even higher taxes and keep our mouths shut. I have no idea who to vote for to be honest. None of the parties seem to be interested in me....

While the Military Council of the IRA, fronted by the Ard Chomhairle, sets policy and makes decisions for the party and not the elected representatives of SF are not a democratic party but rather a front for former terrorists.
Their economic policies are utterly off the wall as well, just in case the bloody footprints don't bother you.

There are no parties I want to vote for and there are some I'll never vote for, but I will vote. I'll just have to vote based on the candidate. I used to go through the card in reverse order but I won't have the mental energy for that so just a number 1 methinks.

Well following the story about the poor homeless man in the tent this morning, I think FG would like to cancel the election. Rightly or wrongly, that story is going to dominate the first week of the campaign. I would Paddypower have adjusted odds already

Well following the story about the poor homeless man in the tent this morning, I think FG would like to cancel the election. Rightly or wrongly, that story is going to dominate the first week of the campaign. I would Paddypower have adjusted odds already
It will dominate but it shouldn't. We can't imprison homeless people, there will always be homeless people, mostly due to substance abuse and mental health issues, this poor man was offered accommodation and wouldn't take it. That's not to say what happened shouldn't have happened but it's hardly the Government's fault that some gobsh1te didn't check the tent before moving it, why it was moved with machinery rather than just picked up and moved to the side is also beyond me.
Let Eoghan Murphy be attacked on his house building record but not on something like this.
It seems like the reaction this morning is going to set the tone for the campaign though.

This election is not going to be won/lost on whatever happened at any canal or who shot or were shot at in the past 110 years. It will be decided at the parish pump.

... and how far away your house is from the parish pump and what it costs to buy a house near the parish pump.

And how much are you going to charge me for the water out of the parish pump and can we not build a railway track around the parish pump to take me to work and then maybe a motorway the other side of the parish pump for the days when I want to drive....

And how much are you going to charge me for the water out of the parish pump and can we not build a railway track around the parish pump to take me to work and then maybe a motorway the other side of the parish pump for the days when I want to drive....
And who is going to bring me water from the Parish Pump when I can't be bothered to get it myself.

Back