Eir contract termination

Mamamia22

Hi. I need to terminate an eir landline and broadband contract. It’s for an elderly parent who is going to long term care. What do I need to do ? Can I deal with them on my parents behalf ?

Generally, service providers will only deal with the named account holder, so eir might not speak with you.

My abiding memory of customer service with eir from a few years ago was when my mother contacted them to have the account moved to her name following the death of my father. The representative insisted that they had to speak to the account holder before making any changes.....

Generally, service providers will only deal with the named account holder, so eir might not speak with you.
A utility will have no way of knowing the difference over the phone between an elderly mother with dementia and her daughter who has all of her mother's details.

This happens absolutely all the time.

The utility provider does not particularly care. Legally it can only deal with the account holder but in practice it does not care as it can say "we had safeguards in place".

I did it recently .Phone 1800601701
They send you out a letter,which you attach to any equipment the want returned.
Thats it,really.

Back