EBS self build mortgage

Jolly Man

Anybody have experience on this mortgage, all comments appreciated good/bad and indifferent. We will be commencing a self build shortly and this seems to be the only mortgage specifically based at the self builds, does any body know of other options for a self build?

Regards,
Jollyman

I'm goin with IIB Homeloans ... Very flexible with drawdown ammounts ...
Tried UB first but staff didn't seem to be too well up on stage payment method versus regular new house purchase ...

we're using ICS, a tracker mortgage. I think most of the banks offer self-build mortgages, we certainly had a choice of a few, ulster bank were favourites when we initially checked them out then ICS proved to be better. Our broker was great www.providence.ie . Best of luck with it.

Thanks for replying guys, just on the way that it works the bank send out a valuer to value the site is this the value that they give you to purchase a site? Also when you give them the value of what the construction will cost is this your own best guess or is it prices from a builder or a bill of quantities?

Hi guys i have met with a few banks and lending institutions, are EBS the only company that will lend 92% of the site value and 100% of the construction value? It looks like they are the only company that we can go with as the rest only seem to lend at 80% of the value of what we asked for.

Back