EBS Deposit Guarantee

Pastorius

I have 200,000 in a EBS Platinum account. Not really too concerned about the best return but more concerned about the safety of the deposit. Is the whole amount covered by the state guarantee or shoud I split this account up between several banks.

Regards

Hi there,

As far as I know €60,000 is gauranteed so I would split it!! I know it was originally €20,000 but then there was alot of talk of it being €60,000 but I don't know if this was finalised.

100% is guaranteed under the Irish Govnt Bank Guarantee Scheme. For banks not covered under that scheme, €100k per person is 100% guaranteed (under the Irish Deposit Protection Scheme, which is a different thing).

See itsyourmoney for full details of the level of cover for each bank.

100% is guaranteed under the Irish Govnt Bank Guarantee Scheme. For banks not covered under that scheme, €100k per person is 100% guaranteed (under the Irish Deposit Protection Scheme, which is a different thing).

See itsyourmoney for full details of the level of cover for each bank.

Yes - that seems to be the correct interpretation. Just concerned at the Fin Regs use of language on their site - 'we understand the levels of protection in place are as set out below'. The use of the word 'understand' does not , for me, give a lot of comfort. Why can't the FR state the factual position - assuming that this is not clouded in uncertainty?

Back