EBS Best Buy Rationale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManWho

"Their rates are slightly higher than AIB's, but they give 2% cash back without any conditions. In other words, if some other lender cuts their rates after a few months, but EBS doesn't, you can switch to the other lender and you do not have to give the cash back."

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/mortgage-rates-best-buys.197714/

Say you are getting 250k of a mortgage at 80% LTV.

Is the rationale for EBS recommendation that the 5k cash back you get will cover the difference in rates between EBS and AIB for a period of time?

Assuming you should factor in 1-2k for moving mortgage? (some bank will cover costs of moving mortgage, some won't)

So you've to calculate how long 3k cash back with EBS (@ 3.5%) will keep you ahead of AIB (3.2%)? At which point you obviously have to move as you will end up making a loss?

Is it EBS clearly the best buy for all scenarios of LTV and offers with other banks? UB I see have 3.1% for 80% LTV (that 4% below EBS) and 1.5k for legal fees - how long would the cashback last you before you're in a loss and have to move anyway?

I'm guessing there are calculators out there that will easily compare these rates for me :) ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back