Ebay Application Question

P

pod

In the ebay application procedure, section 7.3 states;

7.3 LICENCE

"To enable eBay to use Your Information, you grant us a non-exclusive, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) licence to exercise the copyright, trade mark, publicity, and database rights you have in Your Information, in any media now known or not currently known. You also waive all moral rights you have in Your Information to the fullest extent permitted by law."

What's it all mean...?

Oh, actually I'm just after finding an answer.

I thought it meant they could send my details off to lots of companies, but looks as if I was wrong...

"Section 7.3. To enable eBay to use Your Information, you grant us a non-exclusive, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) licence to exercise the copyright, trade mark, publicity, and database rights you have in Your Information, in any media now known or not currently known. You also waive all moral rights you have in Your Information to the fullest extent permitted by law.

This clause allows eBay to host Your Information (as defined in the User Agreement) on our web site. Because hosting material on a web site involves copying, eBay needs your permission to store such material on our servers in order to comply with copyright law.

This section of the User Agreement is necessary in order for eBay to accept, store, and use Your Information on our servers."

The bit in registration I didn't like was being asked for my credit card details.
Needless to say I terminated the registration process.

Unregistered said:
The bit in registration I didn't like was being asked for my credit card details.
Needless to say I terminated the registration process.

That seems to depend on the email address you use to register. When I attempted to use my hotmail address it wanted credit card details but it let me register with them using my eircom.net address.

I have a paypal account which I opened when using ebay for the first time a few years ago. I have now received two emails from pay pal looking for details of my new credit card as the old one has expired. I thought until I was purchasing again I wouldn't need to update the card details. I assume these emails are genuine but has anyone else received an email like this recently from pay pal?

cuchulainn said:
I thought until I was purchasing again I wouldn't need to update the card details.
Correct - You don't need to update the card details until you are purchasing again. Paypal are simply giving you the chance to keep your details up to date, so you won't have any delays if/when you do want to purchase again. See what their website has to say about spoof emails.

On a different subject has anyone had problems setting up a sellers account? Having read the FAQ and contacted CS numerous times they have failed to resolve my problem?. I submit my credit card details and press continue and there is no other option to 'continue'

To create a sellers account email : '[email protected]' with your username and he will set you up. I had the same problem myself and this person resolved it for me. It is because we are from Ireland and the system is only used to UK residents applying to become sellers. Mind you I haven't actually started to sell anything yet. It seems like a lot of work to photograph something and write a detailed description, and choose which selling layout you want for something that might only get 99p in the auction and then you have to go and parcel it up and post it. Does anyone think it is worth doing from these shores??

Watch out for PayPal scam I received recently and was convinced for a few microseconds

We regret to inform you that your paypal account could be suspended if
you don't resolve your billing issues. If your billing is not updated
your account will be put on hold.

If a hold should be placed on your account,you are prohibited from
using Paypal in any way. until billing is updated. This includes
registration of a new account. Please note that if your account is suspended any funds you have in your paypal account will be put on hold till this issue is resolved.

Please click on link below to update info:

Best regards,
Safeharbor Department Paypal Inc.
The Paypal Team.

I see the link is down now but it was a very authentic looking paypal home page phising for my details

Back